1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help from our sponsors

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by stillen, Dec 1, 2008.

1. stillen

stillen Senior Member

Sponsors, I need some help... I'l be doing mostly residential drives this year, and as like my previous purchases I am on a budget , so i need to spend around $250 for a mini light bar.

The things that are important to me are...

magnetic mount,
    amber /clear or amber
    low profile
    preferably LED for low power draw.
    plug into cigarette lighter for power
    360 degrees of coverage.

I have paypal and just need to get this done, i'm sick of thinking about it, can any of you point me in the right direction.... Pics would help me tremendously, I live in Leominster, MASS and would have it ground shipped to my house.

Mike

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  2. BostonRamGuy

BostonRamGuy Member

3. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

I would spend the money for a able 2 sho me bar. not that Chinese junk. for the money you can get a way better built and brighter bar.

4. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

I agree with murphy, don't waste your money on the chineese junk. get an Able 2 Show Me mini led light bar.

5. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Galls has a good decent double rotator Halogen bar that will fit that discription for $70 + shipping. It's their own brand but it's actually a Halogen Whelen Responder II. I'm not sure if you like Halogens but what can you say for $70?

www.galls.com

Wish you luck.

6. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Still trying to sell my SHO-ME mini bar. Amber LED's. Mag Mount. Seven Selectable Patterns. Plugs in to cig outlet with switch. $125... PayPal works. Let me know.

7. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

Sho-me or whelen

8. infineon954

It's a SHO-Me

9. stillen

stillen Senior Member

Is it 1 of those low profile ones, like the one in one of your pics on the white 3/4, on your back rack?

If it is. I WANT it, just tell me how much for shipping... to 01453

10. John911

John911 Member

Whelen Responder LP mini lightbar, LED, R1LPMA is right at $250 from most distributors.

11. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Found a New Sho-Me LED Mini Bar on EBAY... just search the following number.

New and free shipping! for $259

Sorry I couldn't put the link on...didn't work plus the other stuff would have filled up 2 lines or more! I'm Lazy what can I say! ;)

12. infineon954

Exactly the same one i just sold to STILLEN last week for $125.

13. DODGE-BOY

DODGE-BOY Senior Member
    from OHIO

Anyone in the Cols/Dayton/Sprngfld area you know that is really good and neat at selling and installing strobes? I have a Dodge truck and a new Bobcat I need to outfit. Nothing real elaborate, just practical and efficient.Thanks

14. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Ok...Dayton area... Crouch Fire Safety (owned by megacity fire protection)
    You can also try P&R Communications. They did some really great work on some of my old department's staff cars.

Cincinnati area by far... Camp Safety it's in Blue Ash off of I-71

Give all the radio install (communication) places a call and ask them. I used to have a contact in the Columbus/Dublin area but they went out of business.

15. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

16. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

what a beautiful site this is that a thread like this goes for days (hell almost a month) with not a single response form any of the 300 a month paying sponsors that are sooooooo good for us...

right.........too bad we can't get some "junior" sponsors that actually give a hoot about you guys and really want to pass a good deal on....that woudl be too easy...and actually profitable for the site....huh...