1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help from B&B or others on ultramount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by nv_my_z71, Dec 16, 2008.

1. nv_my_z71

nv_my_z71 Member

We had a truck go down, but have a back up. The one that went down was a 03 chevy with a 12 pin ultramount, the other truck is a 00 with a 9 pin vehicle harness. Will the 12 pin plow work on a 9 pin harness for a day or 2. Obviosly if it does something won't work because of the extra pins, what are they for headlights, turn signals or what? As long as the plow works that is my only concern. I'm sure someone has tried it. Or what would I have to change in order for it to work without changing harnesses
  2. jml416

jml416 Junior Member

did you talk to your brother alan, what does he think?
  3. nv_my_z71

nv_my_z71 Member

Can someone help with this real quick
  4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Plow should work as long as the 3 extra holes are present in the 9 pin connector. 3 extra pins are for headlights, may get atleast 1 headlight working.
  5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

it should work fine. xtra wires are for lights. hook it up and try it.
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You'll be short one plow light but it'll otherwise function fine to get you through. :waving:
  7. nv_my_z71

nv_my_z71 Member

Thanks guys they stayed late and finished the trans for the truck but that is good to know
    Thanks alot