1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help for Everyone with Hinikers

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by cole22, Mar 5, 2011.

1. cole22

cole22 Senior Member

Hi I have Hiniker plows and one thing that makes the solenoids last is if you have your plow in float mode (orange color light on the joy stick) if your not plowing and letting the truck warm up etc shut off the controller. If it's in float mode it has the solenoid waiting for a response and its gets hot a wears out so just a FYI shut off the controller if your not using it and it's not in use! I hope this helps everyone out!:mechanic:

2. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Never had a problem with mine..4 yrs and counting. Only time my controler is off is durring the summer when it's in the glovebox

3. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I tell the guys to bump the controller up just enough to get it out of float

4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I get yelled at if I don't. :p

5. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

Isn't the solenoid just used to power the motor, I don't think there should be power going to the motor when in float. I am not positve more of a western or boss guy.

6. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Yeah the solenoid should only be running if you're angling or lifting...

7. cole22

cole22 Senior Member

Well then do the research and talk to the people that work on them and yeah, just wanted to try help people out. I hope everyone has a good season.

8. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

9. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

Yeah I would completely agree with that.

10. cole22

cole22 Senior Member

Correct, most of the time there ok, just thought I'd help people out. I think there would have to but a better way but who knows.