1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP Fisher Pro Caster

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by CaptainsLS, Nov 27, 2007.

1. CaptainsLS

CaptainsLS Junior Member

I picked up a one year old procaster and I'm having problems with the spinner. The motor (Honda) starts and the conveyer moves fine. I can’t get the spinner to engage. The unit has an electric clutch to engage the belt to spin the shaft. I can’t spin the shaft by hand, and I'm curious if I should be able to or if the clutch should prevent that? When I toggle the spinner or "burst" command the solenoid clicks and the electric clutch moves about 1/4". Should the shaft spin free and it sounds like a bearing replacement issue, or does the clutch restrict the shaft and I have a problem with the clutch?
    Thanks in advance,
    Chris

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

You should be able to turn the spinner fairly easily by hand. This in turn would move the chain, also. Have you checked along the chain for anything caught or blocking it?

3. CaptainsLS

CaptainsLS Junior Member

The shaft is belt driven. Nothing blocking anywhere.

4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Is the conveyor chain rusted?I've cut one out in 2 pieces that we stood against a wall and climbed,not pretty and an expensive lesson for the customerpayup

5. CaptainsLS

CaptainsLS Junior Member

no problems with conveyer

6. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

My bad:dizzy: