1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Fisher Plow wiring

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JD304H, Sep 24, 2012.

1. JD304H

JD304H Junior Member

I removed a Fisher V plow off a 2001 GMC and am trying to install it on a 2004 Chevy. I've hooked everything as it came off, but i only now have high beams on the chevy, the truck itself. Its a 4 port module, yellow label, and have heard that the common differs between these years and you have to switch some of the pins on the plugs but can't find any information on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

OK pay close attention. Your current wiring is set up for the 99 to 02 trucks and was not intended to work on the 03 to early 07. So here is what you need to do. On the headlight wires where your factory wiring plugs into the the harnesses that come from the isolation module turn them over /or flip them around so that tab that locks the wiring in place is on the other side of the connector.. You got to push hard but they will go. Do that and let me know your lights work.

3. JD304H

JD304H Junior Member

WOW, that seems too simple! I'm going to try today and will let you know if it works. Thanks for the info.

4. JD304H

JD304H Junior Member

brad96z28...Worked great, lights work fine now. Can't thank you enough for the help, i've been pulling my hair out with this. Is this a permanent fix?

5. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

the official way would be different harnesses to plug into the 3 and 4 ports, that have the wires switched around on all the plugs. ... but that's about $150. I was actually waiting to see if this worked or not. Brad have you done that quite a bit, and works out fine?

6. brad96z28

Many many times. You could do the same thing by splicing wires but not worth it. This works fine.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  7. brad96z28

Yes its good to go now. But the secret is out. :realmad: