1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help fisher plow will not go down or float

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by miguel, Nov 17, 2008.

1. miguel

miguel Junior Member

have mm2 3 plug plow is great cecked on other trucks 1999 chevy 2500 every thing works fine but float mode and plow going down does not respone.have isolation mode yellow please help thanks.

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Check this page out for trouble shooting. FISHER TROUBLE. Page 35 is trouble shooting, page 43 is controller test, page 45 is the Coil test. I am betting it's the controller though. You won't be able to test the controller without the tester, but this will give you an idea. I have heared of the coil test being done with two people.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

You may want to check to make sure the controller is plugged in fully too. Especially if you have a Fish Stik you disconnect during the off season.

4. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

I just went through a similar problem, but mine was stuck on float. First pull off the cover and see if the appropriate valves are magnitized if they are you have a stuck valve. Next If you unplug the controller you can ground the appropriate pin and activate the solenoids. If the plow goes down it is controller that is probably. This will only work with down because the motor does not have to run for it to go down. All the info you need is. I have a EZV so the wires and solenoids are different.

5. miguel

miguel Junior Member

clint s the problem I'm having is on the truck end of the wiring the plow works good on my other truck need help bad please

6. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

I would guess that if your plow and controller works on one truck and not another it could only be a few things. Check the plugs on the truck to see if they are corroded or broke. Check the wiring from the truck to the stick controller. You can figure it out from the wiring schematic depending on what plow you have. I would guess a broken wire not allowing the down solenoid to engage.

7. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

I'm gonna have to look at the fuse panel, as I'm thinking my new problem is probably linked to that.

Situation: Put the plow on this morning, went to the cab & saw the power button in the "on" position without a power light. Went to check function, and no action whatsoever. Oddly enough, the "open door" alarm was not ringing either (a happy thing, and also what I hope to be helpful in diagnosing the problem!). I'm thinking it may have just blown a common fuse, if the installer did in fact double up on the fuse. I'll have it at work tomorrow where I can bring it inside & look at the panel.

Yall have a great holiday!