1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help fisher mm1 wont angle

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bob12, Dec 3, 2007.

1. bob12

bob12 Junior Member
    from maine

help i have a fisher mm1 on my 99 ford. it was working fine last year and i started it up today, it goes up and down but when i angle, it goes up.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The S3 valve is stuck open.. you can pull it out and try freeing it up with some brake cleaner while pushing in on the end of the spool with a small screwdriver to see if it will free up..but usually the small spool return spring inside the valve is broken, which won't allow the spool to return to it's neutral closed position so many time's they just need to be replaced.

Here's a pic showing which valve is the S3.. if you remove the plastic cover off the back of the pump you will see the three valve shown here..

To remove the valve, first remove the nut on the end and slide the coil off the valve, and then unscrew the valve for the manifold..

Valve Block.JPG