1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Fisher Minute Mount Question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by monty, Aug 30, 2007.

1. monty

monty Junior Member

My truck was doa for over a year. I got her running and got the plow on to check it out. While stored the up/down piston was in the up position, although the plow was down. Now the lights are running ok, the plow turns right but not left or up or down. What could the problem be? I can't raise the plow to move the truck.

2. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Check and re-check and make sure you have good contact at all the electrical plug ins at the grill. I have had this happen a few times and it always ends up being just a bad connection. A few times just plugging and unplugging and some dielectric grease usually solves the problem.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Did you get the lift arm lowered? Many times the packing on the cylinder dries out and since it is gravity down it takes force to get it lowered. Spray some Break-away, WD40, or other lubricant on the packing and let it sit for a few days. It may still take some force to get the cylinder to lower, you may need to pull the hose off the cylinder and use a come-along to pull it back down.