1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help Fisher EZ V Plow not working

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Mooredar, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Mooredar

Mooredar Junior Member
    from 06062

My Fisher EZ V Plow stopped working today during a storm. It was raising and lowering but then wouldn' raise at all. It wouldn't rise. I could still hear the pump calling for fluid. I checked and it was low. I was only able to get to a hardware store and they said adding transmission fluid to the hydrolic chamber. I added about 3/4 quart and it didn't help. The pump still calls for fluid but nothing is happening. Im not quite sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. If you added 3/4 quart then you've got a decent leak somewhere. Take a close look at the hoses and rams. Also, you need to use Fisher blue fluid. ATF will not be good long term. Sounds like you need to purge some air out as well. Does the plow angle?
  3. Mooredar

Mooredar Junior Member
    from 06062

No not Angling either. I thought that the system would self purge w adding fluid but this is not the case? Thanks for your reply
  4. bdavis

bdavis Member

The pickup tube in the fluid reservoir probably fell off....common problem easy fix.