1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help First Big Bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by super1man, Sep 12, 2012.

1. super1man

super1man Junior Member

I’ve been asked to bid on a larger commercial site. About 9.2 acres of parking lot. It is located in Milwaukee WI. Open 24/7 very picky about salt and cleared for shift changes. Going to attack it with 2 skids and a truck with a 9' boss V-plow. Need to keep 6 entrances clear with zero tolerance. It has a known ice problem on the left side of the building.

Was thinking 1500 per 2" and 1750 per salt application and an on call price of 100 per hour with 2 hour min.

Very green on the large commercial biding.

Also need to include snow removal if get huge storm nowhere to pile lots of snow. Can someone point me into how to bid for the snow removal?

2. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

On the actual snow removal part of this contract I would charge on a per hour basis based on the equipment you have or that you will be using. If you don't have the equipment necessary for the removal, you may want to consider having the equipment on a retainer with a rental company. Trying to access it on game day may be difficult at best.

As far as bidding the actual plowing and deicing, I don't know your cost per hour of operation for the equipment you will be using. However, we do offer a Snow & Ice Estimator that will calculate time and material based on the area to be serviced and the equipment you will be utilizing. Feel free to call us at 800-845-0499 or visit our web site at www.profitsareus.com. if you have any questions on how it works. Let us put our 33 years of experience to work for you.

Let it snow!