1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help finding the right plow for my 7.3

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by lawnranger13, Jan 19, 2011.

1. lawnranger13

lawnranger13 Junior Member

I just bought a 2000 Ford F250 Lariat 7.3 turbo diesel and i'm looking into buying a Western Wideout snow plow for it. Would that plow be a good buy for this truck or should i go for something different? thanks for in the help!
  2. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

I dont have any experience with a wideout, but I have ran a straight blade with wings and a v-plow. After running both of those I think the wideout would be the ultimate plow to run. I would love to get one for my truck. I have a 1999 Ford F-250 4x4 with the 7.3 also and these trucks handle the plows great.
  3. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

We have 8.5 Western v's on our 2000 Ford F250's and they handle them without a problem.
  4. jasonz

jasonz Senior Member

I've got a 8' western straight blade on my 00 f350 and the 7.3 pushes snow like nothing. If I get a new plow it will def be a wideout.
  5. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

What kind of plowing do you do, ie: residential drives, small lots or big commercial?
  6. lawnranger13

lawnranger13 Junior Member

I'm just starting off a landscaping business. I have a degree in landscape contracting and im going to start off doing residential and small parking lots.