1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help finding a plow for next year

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by JMHConstruction, Dec 17, 2011.

1. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

Hey guys,
    I have been doing sidewalks as a sub and a few of my own residential accounts for the last two years. The money is there but as you all know it's much better to be in your warm truck than out breaking your back. My truck is an old 1984 Ford F150 XLT 4x4 with a 5.9L 351 V8 with a 4 Barrel carburetor. It's a 4 speed with a granny low first gear. Would you guy recommend putting a plow on it for next year? If so, what kind is good for the half ton trucks? Also, any suggestions on any after market stuff I should put on the truck, like shocks? Thanks in advance guys.

2. KEC Maintaince

KEC Maintaince Senior Member
    from N.J.

you could put the blizzard 760 speedwing on that truck
    i would put new springs in front with a set of good shocks.
    or you could do what most do is timbrens in its cheaper.
    also your ledt legg is going to get pretty tired after a full nite of plowin resi.