1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help!!!!!! F-700

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by 04red2500, Mar 23, 2009.

1. 04red2500

04red2500 Member
    from MI

Alright heres the deal i got a f700 with a V-8 one of the sparkplugs rusted off and just the threads are left in the head and i cant get them out. Ive try heat,ez-out and penatrating oil need ideas!!!!!!!!!

2. xc23

xc23 Member

I have an F 700 88 Gas job just major overhauled the engine last year . Did not have your problem, but to pull the head is not a difficult job on that truck. There is plenty of room to do it right in the truck.Parts are also very reasonable . The biggest problem you should have is the emission's system depending on what year your truck is. This may sound like a big job but if you screw around and get fillings or metal shavings in the cyl you will end up costing your self a lot of time and money. If you have an emission truck do your self a favor and take alot of pics with a digital camera so when you put the emissions back you can reference the pics . Good luck.

3. 04red2500

04red2500 Member
    from MI

its a 98 and im hoping i dont have to go that far as im trying to sell the truck

4. xc23

xc23 Member

I have talked to a few friend's in the auto mechanic's business . The only other option i have heard is to use a hack saw blade and try to cut through the spark plug threads but be careful not to go to far into the threads in the head . Before you start bring that cyl piston just below TDC. when you have finished cutting the old threads out run a tap in the hole to clean it up , then use a magnet to pick up any shavings in the cyl. Risky job but hope it helps

5. NBSnowGuy

NBSnowGuy Member

I had the same problem on a different vehicle with an aluminum head (I assume that's what your dealing with too?) years ago. In the end I had to take the head off. For all the time I spent with reversing drills, easy outs, penetrating oil, and heat, I should have just taken the head off in the first place and been done with it. If you figure out a way though, I'd like to hear about it.