1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help, EZV Belly up

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by GTMS, Feb 25, 2007.

1. GTMS

GTMS Senior Member

Here's the problem, My plow started getting slow. Then the right wing would not not retract. If you let it sit for a minute it would pull the wing back. Then the pump would whine when you tried to roll the blade left or right. after about a half hour it stopped angling on the right wing. Then the left wing would pull forward when you tried to angle left. After all that, then the right cylinder would drift either forward or rearward or collapse when you got into anything heavy. What a mess. I'm guessing it's got to be the pump because it's not holding pressure when your pushing. and it'll just whine when you tried to move it. Then if it sits, "sometimes it'll move" or "sometimes" you can angle it using your wing buttons.
    What do you guys think?
  2. TGM

TGM Senior Member

i'm in sort of in the same boat except with the older V (where you can't wing one side at a time).

http://www.fisherplows.com/pdf/21856_070097.pdf page 63 is something i'm looking at right now as bleeding the plow hasn't worked (i can't find a proper procedure...the extreme v tells you to wing one side at a time).
  3. GTMS

GTMS Senior Member

I took mine back to the dealer, he pulled the valves and found metal shavings, flushed the block and replaced the right side angle cylinder, flushed the whole system, put it back together and it worked three times and the right side wing locked up again and won't move. Go figure, OK fisher, the ball is in your court....again. This is the third time since the plow was new less than five months ago. Although I have used it a whole four times this year.
  4. GTMS

GTMS Senior Member

Per Fisher, the dealer replaced both angle cylinders and cleaned and flushed the valve block. According to my dealer, fisher claims to have had some problems with the black end cylinders coming apart inside. Which was the problem with mine. I got it back today and so far it's good.
  5. farmboy52787

farmboy52787 Senior Member

yup thats what happened to mine, the dealer said the cylinder spiked and chipped a piece off inside so then it scratched the cylinder and contaminated the whole system with metal shavings and it screwed up the cartridges. Found this out during a storm, so i bought an Xtreme-V because i never liked the EZ-V. It was a 2005 8'6", i still have it if anyone wants to buy it and fix it themselves.
  6. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

I might be interested in a parts plow, E Mail me haleconstruction at comcast.net

7. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Yup,replaced a number of them,kinda curious why they were allowed to go out on a new plow as a tech bulletin was issued on the matter?
  8. farmboy52787

farmboy52787 Senior Member

Are you a fisher dealer? What do you mean by go out on a new plow? Were they supposed to fix it because it was a recall or something?
  9. GTMS

GTMS Senior Member

Well boys I'd like to be able to say the whole angle problem was fixed but just used it for the first time this year and like Gomer Pile would say' "SU-PRISE, SU-PRISE, SU-PRISE" Same Ol S***!!!! Right side locked up again, had to push it back in using a telephone poll then it was fine.....I'm wondering for how long. On the phone tomorrow to my dealer..........again. Gotta hope the xblade is better.
  10. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

You still have metal in the system and yes,it's gonna happen again.I had one unit i had to tear apart twice before i got everything out:realmad:
  11. crf450ny

crf450ny Junior Member

Yep mine did the same thing. The cylinders you are talking about are supposedly remans and the chrome will come off and u find it in your oil and valves. Took mine back to the dealer and he changed the cylinder but never changed the oil and never told me he didn't. 50 mile drive back home and plow stopped working before it ever saw snow again. Changed oil twice now and just found some metal in one of the valves last nite. Good thing I am getting good at taking it apart my self.