1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help engine code on a 92 chevy:realmad:

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by the new boss 92, Dec 17, 2010.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

well i was out plowing last night when i noticed my servise engine soon light tripped again. my truck is a 92 so i have no was to pull codes with my scaner. it there a different way to pull codes from a 92 with out a scanner? it tripped the otherday when i was coming how from towing a car and i discovered its was prolly a misfire code because my cap and rotor was carroded beyond beliefe so i replaced it and it tripped again last night while plowing. can anyone help or suggest how to get the codes out of my truck?

any how i came up with this and did it, pulled code 12 and 13. however there is no fing 12. the code 13 came up ad o2 sensor voltage. here is the link i used, and if some one has a better one please post i wanna fix this bs!!!!!!
    link for pulling codes.
    http://www.troublecodes.net/GM/
    link to the codes for my rig
    http://www.troublecodes.net/GM/92_578.shtml

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  2. the new boss 92

Oxygen Sensor voltage Stays between 0.35 and 0.55 volts for 60 Seconds. Engine was at normal operating temperature and had been running for at least 2 minutes after start with a throttle angle above 5%.

that is code 13 anything i should be warried about? also i got code 12 but there is no 12!

3. cssjim

cssjim Junior Member
    from CT

Drive over to any Pepboys, Advanced or whatever big box auto parts store you have in your area. They will scan it for free. if it is an o2 sensor its an easy fix.

4. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Code 12 just tells you the computer is there. It will always flash, regardless of whether there are any trouble codes. Check the wiring to the sensor, and if it's ok, just change the sensor. It is $20. The toughest part is getting it out.

Do you have any major exhaust leaks upstream of the sensor?

5. the new boss 92

nope i just replaced the gaskets at my headers so i have no ehaust leak. im going to clear my codes when i dismount my plow in a few, see what happens if it trips again.

cssjim, i have the origanal obd so the cant scan it unless it obd2

6. bill7101

bill7101 Member

the nice thing about the older GMs is that you can flash code them by jumping 2 pins without a scan tool, the bad thing is that it doesnt give you any data to compare