1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help! E47 drops and won't lift

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by necompressor, Feb 1, 2011.

1. necompressor

necompressor Junior Member
    from NH

Just changed the fluid in the pump head (didn't do the cylinders), and now it dropped and won't raise. Angles but seems a little slow. It will raise the lift arm without the plow hooked, and I can push it down by hand. Recently replaced the b coil and valve as well. Where should I start? Thanks!
  2. necompressor

necompressor Junior Member
    from NH

Ok, so I put a heat gun to it, and it started to work ok. Lifts, angles raises and holds. Before I hooked it up today, I did do a 3 hour highway run with no blade - could it still have some moisture freezing something up?
  3. loc

loc Junior Member

Your pump is freezing because you have a leak.
    -check rams for pitting
    -check all fittings and quick couplers
    -change all fluid and make sure you flush out the rams.
    Don't waste time and money changing fluid until you fix the leak. I have been fighting the same battle.
  4. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

if it just started right after you changed the fluid I dont see how it could have been frozen, my guess is it had air in it and it worked its way out over time.. nothing to do with the heat gun.