1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help! E-47 issues

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by breadoflife, Dec 30, 2009.

1. breadoflife

breadoflife Member

Well, we have a older Meyer E-47 that has recently started making "bad" noises and being very slow to react to lifting and turning so we have narrowed it down to the motor or pump, what i need to know is how to determine exactly what it is so i can replace it before the next storm.
  2. CGBear

CGBear Junior Member
    from Chicago

The only time mine is runs slow, or is slow to react is if it's low on hydro oil. Check your fluid level.
  3. Arloslawn

Arloslawn Member
    from Indiana

It seems like whenever there is a problem with any plow. First make sure your fluid is full. Second, check to make sure your filter isn;t clogged up. From there I take it to the pros.

But on ebay I found remanufactured conventional pump, motor, and the angeling block for an old western for 500.00. (I'm sure its about the same as a western) It maybe worth it to change it all. I replaced the motor then the angeling part on mine cost a fortune.

Good luck!
  4. paradise1229

paradise1229 Senior Member

Where is the filter at that needs checked on these E-47's AND how do you check them? Pics please?
  5. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Pull the motor off of the pump assembly being careful to not let the top brush cap come off of the motor. Leave the two long bolts through the motor and install 2- 1/4-20 nuts on the bolts and tighten , you can now run the motor off of the power unit to check if it is the motor or pump assembly .

Paradise1229 :

There is one plug on the back side of the power unit taking an 11/16" wrench and one on the front of the unit taking the same wrench size, behind the plugs are a plastic (or mesh, if it is an older model) screen , clean it with brake cleaner and re install. Don't remove the plug on the front of the power unit marked "Drain" unless you want to change fluid and / or re-seal your power unit.

There is also a filter in the sump base that will require disasembly of the power unit to access.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Don't ever recall seeing a filter port on the rear side of an E47. Perhaps you're thinking of the 60's? :confused:

You guys needing filter location info for the E47's can see it all in the manual here. Keep it handy as it will be your plows bible when you need it.
  7. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

You are correct , I had E-60 on the brain :(

Thanks for the catch ;)