1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help,Dont want to get screwed

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by plushhype, Oct 14, 2009.

1. plushhype

plushhype Junior Member

I have been plowing residential and charging hourly,I have a great opportunity at plowing a small to mid size Condominium complex that is close to home.The Landscaping Company in charge is paying.The company is requiring 1 trip to plow main thoroughfare and sidewalks,then an additional trip to plow parking space areas after peak hours,also a seperate quote for salting walkways.I want the job but do not want to underbid and also do not want to overcharge.The landscaping company is wanting to pay per snowfall,is this unrealistic for this type of job?Also how do you guys cover your ass with liability responsibilities.For example who is responsible for a slip and fall.Do you guys have all these details covered in your contract,with a contract involved does that eliminate the paying per snowfall deal.Please all help is greatly appreciated,I would love the job but dont want to get screwed.Thank You,Roger T.
    Owner of Midwest Renovations
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Paying per snowfall if fine; just have incremental pricing for varying depths. CYA with insurance - discuss needs for this type of account with your agent. The company who hires you will likely want to be "Additional Insured" on your policy - this is normal. As far as what's covered in the contract - EVERYTHING. If it's not mentioned in there - it isn't happening. Responsibility for "Slip and Fall" - EVERYBODY. The plaintiff's lawyer will come after everyone even remotely involved and let the judge sort it out. If the hiring company has to pay out, they may come after you - check for a "Hold Harmless" clause in the contract. That's where you agree to defend them against any claims (in other words - You agree to be legally responsible for anything action taken against THEM.
  3. plushhype

plushhype Junior Member

Thank You Sir,All help is valued.Have a Great winter.