1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help dim plow lights!

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by the new boss 92, Dec 2, 2009.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

my low beams are incredibly dim, and when i hit the high beams the low beams stay on. any ever have experience or know what the problem could be?

2. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

Lights

I just went through three hours of this and found a bad ground in the headlight. Check your grounds.

3. the new boss 92

ok ill look to see what i can find were didu locate your bad ground?

4. the new boss 92

went over all the grounds and nothing. relay maybe? im lost and they are not that bright.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Poor or corroded connection on the brown ground wire (should be on the negative battery terminal) or corrosion/poor connection in the relay sockets. Or possibly a bad relay.

6. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

My neighbor had this. It was a broken ground wire in the harness on the plow. He replaced the harness for another issue and it fixed the lights.

7. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

Ground

Mine was in the housing where the bulb sits in. Brown wire.

8. the new boss 92

ok thanks, wehn i get home ill throw the plow on the truck again and try to figure it out and see what i can find.