1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help diagnose passenger headlight INOP 04 F-250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Dissociative, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

ok guys.....heres what happened...i was trying to do something to my headlights and inadvertently popped the 10A on the pass. low beam. I was in a position where i needed the light and only had a 15A fuse...i know..i know...i suspect the load to be just over 10 because it took a while to pop the 10.Anyways, that's removed...back to stock form.....new fuse...but no passenger light... where do i go from here?..light worked for a while then went out...15A fuse is good.... i know i know...i am an idiot for upping the fuse....:angry: it was all i had, and i really did NOT want to get pulled over...it sucked...it tested ok..then caught me offgaurd the next night....sometimes i hate myself for mods i try..

i am lost as to how to troubleshoot this one...i can compensate for phone time if we fix it...i guess we need wiring diagrams..i hope i didn't screw myself royal...

2004 f-150 6.0 XLT has auto headlights...

BTW....you can NOT piggy back the western headlight input wires onto the back of your stock headlight wires to run both sets.....i was told by western that the iso only uses your headlight wires to trigger relays.no amp draw on factory wires at all....so i thought thats not even 1 amp...i can piggy back on OEM and have both sets...plows on a switch....apparently they pull some amps somehow...ran ok for a while on 10A...

i plow some very tricky steep crappy dark dark lots...and i wanted my HID's ..they kick the plow lights butt...and bla..bla..bla

------------h---e---l---p---------

2. tim096

tim096 Senior Member
    from wny

are you shure the light is still good? if it worked for a while then maybe the light blew out.

3. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

light is fine...checked wire behind connector..no power...bought the alldata so i have diagrams now...have to trace all the way to fuse box and find out what fryed...2 connections to trace through