1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help deciding

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by snowvac, Dec 1, 2008.

1. snowvac

snowvac Junior Member
    from ohio

I'm so glad I came across this site!

I need to buy a plow for my 2001 Ford Ranger. I don't have the time anymore to snow blow my lot at work and now I have another lot to do for my wife's new business this year. Both lots are about 7000 square feet, but the new lot is gravel. I came across the SnowSport HD for around $1400. I like this price range. The rep at the company said I would have no problems using it on the gravel and it wouldn't push the gravel all around.

Does anyone have any experience with this plow especially in like conditions? Are there any other recommendations for my situation / price range?

2. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

As far as not pushing the gravel all around, the only way that will happen is if you run the feet and then you leave a layer of snow on top. I have never run feet & plow several gravel lots, there is gravel in the spring in a pile, I just make sure I don't push it in the grass. Gravel lots are a pain but if you just be careful you can do it by raisig & lowering the plow as you go.

3. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

If u dont mind driving a ways to get your plow there is a blizzard 720 plow in indianapolis for 1200 in my mind it is one hundred times the plow than what you are getting with the other.