1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help deciding on trucks

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by wahlturfcare, Nov 19, 2007.

1. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

i have been wanting to get 93-97 ford f250/350 pickup but have been having some problems finding one.
    The one i did find is a very clean 96' f250 with a 351, white, power window,doors, a/c, etc with 180,000 miles for $4,800 without plow.
    I also found a 90 f350 1 ton 4x4 with plow and dump with ac, pw windows, slight rust , 460, 40,000 miles for $4,500. I thought about just buying the 1 ton for now and sell it for a pickup next year with a blade, or should i go ahead and get the truck now, or does it seem high?
  2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

While I love the looks of a 92+ ford truck ,I have to say that if you can get one that has 140k less miles go for it. If it has a plow and is ready to go use it this year and you'll probably be able to get rid of it for close to what you paid for it. I know it is a little older but it has a lot less miles. To me( my opinion w/o seeing it) a 12 yr. old truck w/180k for $4800 is high. The one ton probably has a solid axel and the 3/4 a twin I beam so that makes it an easy choice for me. JMO!!! Good luck!!!