1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Curtis SnoPro 3000 won't stay up!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mpowerbim, Jan 3, 2010.

1. mpowerbim

mpowerbim Junior Member

Hi there,

I'm new to plowing and I bought a 2000 RAM 2500 with a Curtis SnoPro 3000. At first it wouldn't move at all but we could hear the pump trying. We dumped the fluid and replaced it with new fluid and it worked. Here's what I'm not too sure about. When we first put the plow up after changing the fluid we pinched the entire wiring bundle and popped a fuse. Once we found that and replaced it the plow was working again. The only problem is it won't stay up. I don't see any fluid leaking anywhere and I even tried replacing the lift cylinder.

Does anyone know if there are seals in the pump that need replacing routinely? Or some other common problem for me to check first.

Thanks guys....I'm kind lost and we've been getting snow every day! Ha ha

Tom

2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

probally a bad valve. check your lift and float valve.i would try cleaning them first. those valves arent cheap to replace.

3. gottaloveOT

gottaloveOT Senior Member

x2 on the valve. Sounds like it is stuck open, either mechanically or electrically. We have a lot of Curtis 3000s here at work ( I think they are junk personally) and they are slow to come down which makes me think that the hydraulic lift circuit has more flow than the down circuit which would explain why it will raise even with a stuck open down valve.

Now, when you say it won't stay up, do you mean as soon as you let off the up lever/button, it drops? Or does it slowly drop over time?