1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help converting to Meyer pump

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Iowa trucker, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Iowa trucker

Iowa trucker Junior Member
    from Iowa

Hi everyone, new member here with a question. I bought a meyers st-90 plow with underhood hydraulics. The setup is for a dodge w150. My original idea was to hook up the hydraulics to the power steering but now in wanting a electric Meyer e46 or e47. My question is how harD is it to convert this setup to one of those pumps? What do I all have to do and where can I find one of these pumps for cheap? Links or any advice much appreciated. Thanks!
  2. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Well, E46 is trivial. Its literally a 2-wire system. High current to run the motor for "up", low current to run the solenoid for "down/float". E47 adds in a little bit of complexity for going side-to-side.

If you can make your question a little bit more specific, it might be easier/possible to answer it.
  3. FBN

FBN Member

You need a pump, 2 switches,a harness, battery cables and a solenoid. Up is power to battery solenoid only, down is power to coil on back of pump only. Left and right are power to solenoid and either coil on side of pump. The pump assembly should bolt right into where your lift piston is.
  4. Iowa trucker

Iowa trucker Junior Member
    from Iowa

Ok thank you guys so much. Was able to buy a e47 local with controls to just plug in.