1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help... Confused on mounting system

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jonw440, Jan 6, 2003.

1. jonw440

jonw440 Senior Member

I have an old E47 Meyers with a "angle Iron" type of frame on my 79 Bronco. I want to get a new "EZ Mount Tubuler" mounting frame for my 92 Bronco. Then put everthing on the new frame ie E47, Moldboard, lights, ect.I was told by one dealer it will change over fine, but another said it will not. Does anybody know if I can put the old parts on the new EZ Mount stuff?

2. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

I have interchanged all of the things you mention from old style to new style & back at various times, so yes. Include your old A-frame with your mold board to make it a lot easier.

3. long0

long0 Senior Member

I diagree with the A-frame part of it. The A-frame for the old style mount is longer than the new EZ mount A-frame. With the old a-frame on the new EZ mount, your plow will hanging out about 6"-8" further. It does'nt bother some people, but I wanted my plow tucked into the truck as much as possible.

Either way you go, it should not affect the performance of the plow.

Andy