1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help...Confused about possible conversion

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dynoused, Sep 7, 2010.

1. dynoused

dynoused Junior Member

OK...I have a 2 plug MM1 on my 93 Chevy 2500. I am going to sell the truck, and it is worth a lot more with the plow on it, but I need a plow for my new truck, an 01 F-250. The MM1 on my Chevy is in mint shape, and been reinforced/rebuilt in all the right places last year. I want to put that plow on my F-250, and pick up an old speed caster for the chevy. The reason I want to pick up a Speed Caster for the chevy is that they are cheap, and I have a minute mount plow frame sitting in the garage that I could convert it with. With all that said...

Whats the best (most affordable) route to take? I think it may be to grab a elec/hydraulic speed cast, and just run the cables into the chevy...??? I still need push plates and wiring for my ford.

I just wanted to ask you guys your opinion...I'm sure I'm not the first guy on here trying to save a couple of bucks!

Thanks in advance!
  2. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

I've seen two plug MM off trucks on craigslist going for early, season price of $500, If you want to keep yours buy another for $500, a complete speedcast is going to run you the same, then find a two plug Ford truck side set up or convert your two plug off truck to a three plug and get the three plug Ford truck side set up. You also could find a belt driven hydraulic MM for that year truck,but the easiest and most cost effective timewise would be the first thing I suggested.
  3. buddymanzpop

Check this plow out, it's a 7.5 footer sale-mxrtp-1940874333@craigslist.com
    there is a phone # listed to call the seller, it's a MM 1, maybe hydraulic, no pictures, it's in Vt.
    never pay asking price unless it a great deal, go to Vermont Craigslist and put 1940874333 in the search box.
    Put this plow on your chevy
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  4. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Sell the Chevy without the blade, save yourself time and stress....
  5. buddymanzpop

I'm with Fordfisherman, let the next guy solve the problem if wants a plow.
  6. nalegtx

nalegtx Senior Member

i agree...i am currently piecing together [arts for a truck and it sux!!!! just sell the truck and get as much for it as possible. keep the blade and get a harness for the 2-3plug conversion...thats the easiest cheapest way in my opinion
  7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I agree as well. Just advertise it as being "Already set up for a Fisher Minute Mount Snow Plow" or "Plow Truck" in the headlines, then explain within the ad in bold letters "Blade Not Included in Sale, just the truck setup". When speaking with potential buyers, you might not want to go into great detail about whole Relay VS the ISO systems.

I wouldn't hesitate to establish the Ford as an ISO setup rather then wiring as a relay system to fit the plow either. Re wire the plow and you'll be a head of the game when it comes time to upgrade later on.
  8. dynoused

dynoused Junior Member

Thanks for every ones input! I'll let you know how I make out...I may have found a solution!:rolleyes: