1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help choosing best battery

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TJC, Jan 5, 2009.

1. TJC

TJC Junior Member

putting in duel batteries ,, right now have interstate 820 cca have to get two of the same any suggestions on best battery-- 01 chev, hd running alot of extras battery I have now is running low and is 3 years old thanks for any help TIM
  2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Optima yellow tops for me.
  3. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Interstate (made by Johnson Controls) itself is a decent battery. We've had good luck with the Duralasts from Autozone (don't worry,...they do NOT make these batteries), and Die Hards have always been good to us. I have this one battery, that is an Everlast (Wallyworld), and I don't know WHAT the deal is with that, because I've had it for a long time...I mean a loong time, and it just doesn't quit. I'm just waiting for the day....I know I will have no problem replacing it, because I have gotten so much use out of it, but so far,..that day just hasn't came (this battery is actually made by Exide). I DID try the super duper Optima battery once, and paid the extra cost for it, but I found that it didn't last any longer than any other battery.
  4. TJC

TJC Junior Member

where can I get the Optima battery,, just so you know I have to get two of the same thanks for your help
  5. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Same for me. Well worth the money.

Good Luck Mike
  6. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Yep- same here- just put one in my truck- does great plowing!
  7. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

Where could I find the Optima yellow tops??
  8. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I know Sams club had them as well as Murhuys Auto Parts. You can also do a web search and find the home page for Optima Yellow tops and they should have a list of dealers.

Regards Mike
  9. Runner

Runner Senior Member

AutoZone has them as well...
  10. RamPainting LLC

RamPainting LLC Senior Member

I bought 2 new batteries for the Cummins from auto zone, 8 year warranty on their gold series 750cca.
  11. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I have heard good about both Duralast and Optima. I just put a Superstart in my truck though and it is treating me well. The next may be an Optima though.
  12. meathead1134

meathead1134 Senior Member
    from MA

My battery fried a few weeks ago. I purchased a deep cycle marine battery with 850 cranking amps from advanced autparts 80 bucks sucker weighs a good 60 lbs it just about fits in the battery tray. It has a 4 year warrenty even with plowing.I checked into optima batteries they wanted $216.00 for 1 I said no f ing way.