1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help cannon install

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by CSLC, Dec 9, 2013.

1. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

I need help installing Feniex Cannons in third brake light as cargo lights and as strobes. I have Amber/Clear cannons. I want clear to come on when I turn on cargo and amber to come on when i hit switch panel. I can't get lights to work to this set up with factory cargo switch HELP!!!!!!!!!! I have a 05 GMC 2500HD
  2. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Say you have mode 1 as warning then you set the pattern you want. If mode 2 is steady then you turn off mode 1 and activate mode 2 then set that one to steady burn. Now you have set up both modes the way you want.
  3. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

Feniex Cannon

I don't know why you started a new thread but I will try to walk you through the installation. It is pretty straight forward, but then again I have been installing crap in vehicles for years.

First, check to see if you are getting power when you turn on your cargo lighs. If so, then keep reading.

Your cannons have have a ground wire (black), two turn on wires (yellow and red) and a pattern wire (blue).

Before you install your lights, extend the leads and connect each light to your battery. Hook the red wire to the positive and the black to the negative. Touch the blue wire to ground until your pattern is set to steady clear. Disconnect the red wire and hook the yellow wire to positive. Again touch the blue wire to ground and select the flash pattern that you want. Repeat this step with the other light. As a note, if you want the lights to alternate you need to make one light a master and the other the slave. Your directions will explain how to do this. Install your lights in the housing and hook up as follows.

First, put the black wire to ground.

Second, tie your red wires together

Third, tie your yellow wires together

Fourth, tie your blue wires together.

Fifth, hook the red wire to the wire that fed your cargo lights.

Sixth, run the yellow wire to your switch.

With these steps, everything should work the way you want it to.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  4. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

Right now: Yellow= White and Red=Amber

The way it is wired right now is as follows:

If you turn on the Aux Switch the white will come on. Then if you turn on the cargo lamps with Aux Switch on the Amber will strobe and white will shut off.

If I reverse the wires or patterns of the wires so that yellow is amber and red is white. It will not work at all. I just want the white to come on when the cargo switch and the amber to come on with aux switch.

Where in CNY are you? Maybe we can hook up and you can show me what I am doing wrong...
  5. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

Wow, sounds like switching the wires should do the trick. Don't turn on both at the same time and see what happens. BTW, I'm in Pulaski!
  6. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

I have tried every option possible. I can't get it. Wow you couldnt be any farther huh I am in the valley of syracuse
  7. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

Also, if it's a matter of one mode being priority over the other, leaving them wired as you say and changing the flash patterns should fix that. I'm also not sure if they are designed to have the switches on at the same time. I didn't read anything in their literature that suggested that anyway!
  8. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

If you're willing to make the half hour drive I can help you take a look. The only problem being that Wed. and Thurs. I am working 12pm to 12pm and Fri I am Christmas shopping with the wife. So I would be free tomorrow morning or maybe sometime this weekend.