1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help boss v wont work help please

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by joe800, Dec 1, 2012.

1. joe800

joe800 Junior Member
    from lansing

hi , i am new and need some help , i have a 9.2 boss v , 5 years old , had it on my o2 chevy 2500 hd , took the harness off and put it on my newer 05 2500 hd . cannot get plow to work ?? i have power to the main poss. side of soleniod , and get a light when i test the small poss. side of soleniod . power would not travel through soleniod ? so i bought a new one , installed it , same problem ? i jump the motor and it works , i get a signal from the controller to all the control soleniods on the block ? all my grounds are good . i have hooked it up to someone else boss v and it works ?? i am lost . ( i alos do not have the lights hooked up yet ,but i cant believ that would effect the plow funtions ? ) i am leaning towards my smart hitch switch being bad ? i get a signal from the soleniod when i run the contrller , but the black power wire from the smart switch ,does not get power through it ?? not sure if it should , cant understand why i have power at the main power soleniod and it wont run through it to the motor ??? crazy . any help would be appreciated. thx

2. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

Give our service team at THE BOSS factory a call. They can be reached by calling 800-286-4155 (select option 2). When giving them a call it would be best if the plow was attached to the truck, with the plastic cover off the plow and have a test light available.