1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help- Bobcat S160

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by McGaw, Aug 10, 2014.

1. McGaw

McGaw Senior Member

Hey guys,

I have a bobcat S160. The right bar to lock onto an attachment does not move.:confused: Even when I don't have an attachment on it. It won't budge. I don't want to hit it with a hammer and risk breaking it. Any ideas on how to get this to move? Ir this something common?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Is it a power or manual coupler?
  3. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

post a pic of it
  4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

OK, let's understand this. You don't want to break something that's already broke?

Hit the damn thing! Then oil the pins.
  5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Kind of my thoughts too, dump oil on it and beat it!

I'm assuming its a manual engaged lock.
  6. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Good kick with the back of your boot usually gets them moving.
  7. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

The same thing was happening on my asv; one of the power locks was barely moving. Had always greased it via the factory zerk, but it was still sticking. Blasted it with wd-40; keep doing that and locking/unlocking it and now it works great. Retracts all of the way back like it should now.
  8. McGaw

McGaw Senior Member

Hey guys
    Actually got it today after long waits
    Kept soaking it in wd-40 and fluid film and then hitting with a 5lb sledge. Wasn't moving it
    I decided to heat it up with the torch and hit it. It eventually began to budge, and so I just kept pumping wd-40 and grease into the piston
    time for some new zerks all around I think