1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help bidding this lot with sidewalks

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Krimick77, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Krimick77

Krimick77 Member

This a bid on the lot and sidewalks.

- The orange squares are spots where snow can be piled on the lot (each one is 2 car spots).

- Snow can't be pushed over curbs around outer edge of lot as there are 3ft tall electrical posts all the way around the lot where residents plug in the car's block heater.

- Plow lot by 7am and come back later in day to clean up where cars have moved.

- Sand/Salt when needed

There's a lot of sidewalks to be cleared here and I think that is the killer.

What do you guys think?

1 2 lot.jpg
  2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

it would more likely be .. plow the drive lanes, then return later to plow the rest... or else you will basicly be plowing it twice

i would need measurements ... total squar footage for drive lanes, and total sq footage for parking spaces...

seasonal , or per push?,
  3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

i think youre gonna be in trouble if those are the only spots you can put snow. youre gonna need to go over the curb. if you get 2 good storms back to back youll be screwed. it'll be impossible to only keep snow in the designated areas if you dont have any melt-off before the next time it snows. as for price...what were you thinking?
  4. Krimick77

Krimick77 Member

I think your mostly right on the drive lanes. The lot is mostly full so I would backblade the empty spots in the morning on first plow

The designated spots can be cleared off once monthly for an additional charge

I'm thinking 1hr to plow normal snow falls and 90min for a heavey snowfall. With about 30min on average for clean-up time @185hr Sidewalks would probably be 4 guys, 1 hour.

Sand/Salt at $120 per including walks
  5. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

i think your are off on your sand/salt, and also your timing.. remembers the idiots that are leaving and entering the place while your trying to plow. have top watch for kids also
  6. Indy

Indy Senior Member

How bout stacking where it's just common area (not by the cars) that would help a bunch, otherwise you'll need a loader to get all that high enough. JMO