1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help bidding on uptown 500' drive

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by The Cowboy, Nov 21, 2005.

1. The Cowboy

The Cowboy Junior Member

:salute: On Friday I'm gonna bid on a 500' drive on 10 acres in Barrington Hills. This is an extremely high end area with average estates costing over 2 million. I have been taking care of the lawn for this bank president for the past season. He has proven to be very fair and let me bid the lawn after I cut it once; there ain't many well-to-do fellows like him. What would y'all bid for something like this. I can't rip him off, he is too valuable a customer already. I do not have a lane anywhere near this big and don't have a clue.:confused:

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Little more info please. Is it all straight ,turns does it open up at the house ,paved ,stone let us know.

3. The Cowboy

The Cowboy Junior Member

It is curved and paved. The drive has a small circle up at the house with an island. The Main drive goes through an open garage-carport and then there is the pad for a 3-car garage on the other side. The pad area has limstone retaining walls at the end and along 1 side. It is going to require a lot of stacking. The rest of the drive is easy.

4. drplow

drplow Senior Member

if you dont know what to charge then ask the homeowner how much money he has. then decide.

5. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

I am in Lake Geneva Wi. and I have about 13 of

those type driveways. I charge $ 65.00 per push.

Take care,

Tim

6. salopez

salopez Senior Member

Around here that drive would be atleast 100 bucks a push, but it depends on what kind of business you want from this guy. How good of a job would he want, and are you going outside your normal route. As well will you be able to pick up some more business in his area?