1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help bidding on condo complex

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by duramax-king, Nov 15, 2010.

1. duramax-king

duramax-king Senior Member

2. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

We love helping out on bids, but you need to give us more details!

3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Main problem I see is there is nowhere to put snow. Are you required to haul it away? Are you doing the walks? Those couple steep short drives will be fun as well. You need a skid steer in there for sure. Truck + plow & Skid + plow & or bucket. If you have to haul away, then you need that equipment as well. Let us know more.

4. duramax-king

The contract is only for the roadway, the tenants do they're own driveways aswell as walkways,
    I was thinking of pushing the snow over to the other side of pitfield rd and piling it there,
    http://maps.google.ca/maps?ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl
    Last year a contractor did it with one pick-up with a v plow and that was where they stacked. They plowed this property for many years but lost the contract due to very bad service.

5. WIPensFan

You'll have to find out if that's legal and if the owner of that area will let you. Should take you 45-90 min. to plow and stack depending on snow amount.

6. duramax-king

That current area belongs to the condo complex upto the hydro poles, then after that its the apartment buildings property. I spoke with the owner today and he said that it would be fine if i stacked the snow there.

7. duramax-king

No one ? Bummppski

8. WIPensFan

1-3" $200.00. I assume you are responsible for community parking areas.

9. duramax-king

Correct, The owner wanted a seasonal rate contact, not per push,

10. WIPensFan

So how many snow events do you average per season? That number x what you need to make per push, and you're golden.

11. duramax-king

Okay thanks alot :)