1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help bidding on a Church

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Mattymax, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Mattymax

Mattymax Junior Member
    from Nj

New to this so bare with me
    Church with parking lot and house next door. driveway and front sidewalk. Also wants salt which I may pay a buddy to do

Obviously front walkway of church. Back and side doors and house next door. Walkway and such. Only part of the lot that doesn't need to be done is the large lot right behind the actual church

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  2. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

if your talking about the plowing up to the last row of cars and leaving that huge empty lot.

Id be at $150.00 for all the plowing.
    $ 45.00 for the walks (are you doing the walk from the church to that house?)
    $ Salt 125.00-150.00

Prices vary depending on your local plowers, and salt prices? are you buying bagged salt?

Also if you cant figure out what to charge, figure out how long it will take you and base it off 90-120$ hour, Running your own truck and accounts your truck should never move for under 90.00 a hour.

you can plow all that in less than a hour but start high see how they take it and then you can come down on price.
  3. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

^ What JBS said, although Im think you meant half of that big part doesn't have to be cleared? Only directly behind the church, as I see parking spots (behind the house) and vans parked in the photo.

I wouldnt plow a church, my truck would probably explode the second it hit the property from all the stupid stuff I have done.
  4. Mattymax

Mattymax Junior Member
    from Nj

Yes the only place that he doesn't want plowed is right behind the church. The right back lot he wants done.
    Salt I will be buying and loading by the bag
    The sidewalk out front of the house and the walkways by the church all need to be done.

5. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

It says you want HELP bidding. So what do you think it should go for because I'm not going to bid it for you but I will advise you somewhat. Also there appears to be drive on the far left side along the trees, is that part of it?
  6. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Make sure they want it plowed every storm. A lot of churches want to wait until the weekend in case there are multiple storms during the week. That puts you in position to abuse your equipment with freeze thaw cycles, wheel ruts, packed snow etc. I'm all for helping the church with discounts and priority service but I'd draw the line at plowing each storm.
  7. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

Good luck getting paid