1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP BIDDING Office Building

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by BigBoyPlowin, Oct 18, 2013.

1. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

Hey guys I'm trying to land this account and just seeing if my numbers are in line.. I've been told my numbers are extremely high, when really I think they're just dead on to what its worth... Not a fan of working for free, but for S%*1Z and giggles..

The Scope:
    1.5" Contract
    5.4 Acres Plowing (85% is Wide open) Remainder has a few islands and such.
    1,615 Linear feet of Sidewalks Avg. 5' wide
    Salting of Walks and lot

They want an all Inclusive price..
    Any constructive responses would be appreciated.
    Where would your price be???

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

In the UP more ,in Detroit less.

3. R75419

R75419 Senior Member

at a glance I would be somewhere around $1600.00 to $1800.00 depending on the PITA factor of cars to plow around etc.

4. BigBoyPlowin

for what?
    all inclusive plowing for the season?
    Per Push? Please elaborate..
    Thanks

5. R75419

R75419 Senior Member

thats plow, walks and salt per push..... I have no idea how much snow you get to figure out a seasonal rate. Things vary all over I might be way high or way low. You asked what others might charge, that is what I did.

6. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Can you use a quad with a plow on that 1700 feet of walks? Plow and salt at the same time?
    Only asking cause doing 1/3 of a mile with shovels every 1.5" seems crazy..

I will say with a loader and 14 foot pusher, a truck with a 9 foot, and a quad....plus sand and salt...2 men.. figure 1.5 hours?

$750 each time. Gotta figure that you will be making that ever few hours. Over the course of a winter in Michigan that will add up to serious money for the client....and yourself.

7. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Pictures would help, so my "guess" would be $27,500 for seasonal with salt included.

8. BigBoyPlowin

Thanks for the responses! I'm kinda withholding the pic of the site for privacy reasons, but i was at 27 ish up until now.... This just goes to show you how unorganized this mgmt co. Is.. They made the lot about 3.5 acres now :dizzy::dizzy: so much for my oct 15 deadline!

I plan to have a backhoe with a 12-14' pusher
    A 4500 with plow
    And a jd tractor for the walks

9. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

What do you mean "they made the lot 3.5 acres"?

10. BigBoyPlowin

Its a 5+ Story office building but only probably 75-80% Occupied so they've opted to cutting off parts of the lot that will be plowed. So the Outskirts of the lot they don't want plowed or salted. Instead thats where they want us to store our equipment if we do get the job.

11. grandview

Well 1st you need to talk to the owner as to want they want.

[​IMG]

12. Bossman 92

Kinda what I figured. I received a call last week for a similar situation only they wanted a 3" trigger and we had to use their bagged salt........if they decided to have us salt.

I politely told them we were not interested.

Whats funny is the people that are adament they dont want plowed untill 2" are the first ones to call and ask why they were not plowed when a 1/2" of snow falls.

13. Bossman 92

Thats one UGLY chick!

14. grandview

Your favorite kind:)

15. Bossman 92

Not sure why you would post pics of your family tho.

16. Blizzard1980

Blizzard1980 Senior Member

Leave Jackie out of it.

17. BigBoyPlowin

Didn't want to leave you all hangin' so I'm going to fill you in...
    SO I put my number back in the other day and got a follow up call today on it from the OWNER of the building...
    He's calling to tell me that I'm still high... yet 3 out of the 4 bids were "competitive/ almost identical to each other."

*That right there should tell you something. Clearly you have a low-baller! Yet the owner/ prop. manager is telling me that I'm "way off (my) Rocker." In the kindest way possible, I told him that if 3 companies come quote your facility, all in the 27-30k+ range and another company is doing is for LESS THAN half of that number... The quotes that are all comparable is most likely what your account is WORTH!

18. chachi1984

chachi1984 Senior Member

is this for 5 months, nov-march

19. BigBoyPlowin

Yuppp which doesnt add up to much!!

20. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I had to look twice to see her face I couldn t get my eyes off ____________