1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help bidding lot

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by hatchmastr, Dec 4, 2012.

1. hatchmastr

hatchmastr Senior Member
    from 516

hello everybody ,. i am now on my second year with my plow beusness we all now i long island last year there was nothing so needless to say i am not so expericend on pricing out jobs.. Untitled.jpg

this is the property the owner told me to give him a per inch price , salt sepretly. and he also wants a season price

Untitled.jpg

2. hatchmastr

hatchmastr Senior Member
    from 516

i was thinking 750> for 2 inches am i low balling my self?

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

For me about 5k for the season. But I'm on the good side of NY State!

4. grandview

He'll get someone for 50-75 per plow.

5. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

6. trustyrusty

trustyrusty Senior Member

We run Wayne's software on a lot of our larger jobs. Pleased with it. We've used it for probably 6 years.

7. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

looks like 2 passes and a ****** . count how many tenants , multiply by $275.00 then multiply the average amount of events per season . then someone will smoke that number by about 5k and you've just written a coupon . welcome to the wonderful world of snow business .

all kidding aside , get a signature on a seasonal by using the above formula.

8. Nutz4Plowing

Nutz4Plowing Member

Hey Grandview, how many events and saltings are you figuring on that? Looks about 45-50,000sqft, thats around where we would come in on that size property salt included full seasonal no sidewalks.

9. grandview

About 25 plows,salt extra.