1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP bidding large lot ASAP (BY MORNING)

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by teebo25, Oct 15, 2008.

1. teebo25

teebo25 Junior Member

I normally do HOA style accounts this is my first large parking lot. The lot is approximately 250'x1350'
    Very few spots to shovel
    Will require my JD 310 with a pusher box and two pickups
    Approximately 3-4 tons of salt per application
    Very urgent account is a food store, PO pizza that type of strip mall
    It has some curbing separating parking spots but plenty of room for the snow.
    They want it priced 0"-2" 3"-7" and so on

Any one have a clue where to start???
    (Bid has to be in by morning)

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

3. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

4. Superior L & L

from MI

A 8 acre side could be done just with the JD have a truck come in and do the road ways and entrances then have the JD do all the plowing.

Anything else see post #3

5. teebo25

teebo25 Junior Member

I am insulted by the post asking if I have a pickup or jeep. We have been doing this for a while now and do allot of snow removal. I was asking because we don’t usually bid on this type of site. If anyone has any pricing help that would be helpful instead of asking about my 2 million dollar insurance policy

6. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

gotta agree with superior, i cant see needing more than a backhoe with a box and 1 pickup, other one would be a waste. me personally i would do chemically tx less than 1", plowing 1-2", 2-4" 4-6", 6-8", over 8" t and m. thats how i work mine.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I take they want a per push price and not seasonal.

8. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Not quite following the poster. Maybe something was deleted??

9. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

i beleive hes refering to the posts sending him to the newbies threads

10. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Ya TCLA you had to fallow the link frome post #2 JohnnyRoyale

11. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Obviously plowmeister.........I was being kind to the OP.

He was clueless that Johnny's response was canned for a typical newbie question and took offense to it.

12. teebo25

teebo25 Junior Member

For this lot there is a punch of curbed areas that neeed a pickup to push it out to the main run where the pusher can run up the building side and grab it then on the road side and grab that run. Thats not my question though, (thats what they past 5 companys there have done)

13. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

If you have been doing this for a while, you should know how long it takes using your own equipment. Time is time...........does it mater if it's spent at a HAO, parking lot or whatever? How much do you expect in return for your service?

Isn't that your question? If so you should know the answer.

14. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

He may not be used to plowing wide open areas and afraid over over bidding it due to normally expecting things to take longer.

15. Superior L & L

from MI

A good machine operator can go curb to curb with a push box. You should do as much as possible with the box that way you can be the most productive. Sorry I cannot give you more info on pricing. I would PM you some more detailed info but you cannot recieve then yet and Im not going to lay that stuff out in open forum

16. big acres

big acres Senior Member

past FIVE companies? Sounds maybe like next year you could easily become one of "the past six companies"... I'm guessing this one wins on price ALONE, with no loyalty to you next year if you do a great job. Good luck.

17. teebo25

teebo25 Junior Member

this is the third mgt. company they have had in the last three years and yess around here its either who you know or how low can you go.. it sucks... we give a good servie but are usualy out bid so its tough to prove our services and get the word out.anyone with a $$$$ amount?

18. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Sorry Teebo, like many have said... pricing is way too regional to shoot a dollar amount. Lots of experience on here, so you've been able to check your hours at least. THIRD management compnay? This confirms that it is the end customer who is the problem... management companies have to submit bids for their contracts too.