1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help bidding Apartment complex

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by mark268, Aug 10, 2012.

1. mark268

mark268 Member

Not new to the business, but mainly do residential and churches. I have the opertunity to bid this complex and I am stumped.

They are wanting plow, salt, and sidewalks. There are a ton of sidewalks! I estimate the plowable surface to be approximatly 48,000 sq/ft.

Any help on what I should bid this at?

1 truck 8 1/2' plow & salter
    ATV w/ 48" plow
    Blower, shovels, and of course a helper if needed

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

All by yourself?
  3. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

you cant do that without a loader. /thread.
  4. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes Senior Member
    from NH

Have some walkways. I would have 2 shovelers there for every storm. The walks will take longer to do than the plowing.
  5. grandview

You better drive through this place after midnight to see what the parking is like.
  6. mark268

mark268 Member

Some valid points made... I do not have a loader, nor any access to one. If I decided to persue this, I would sub out all my other work, plus have my sub help with this. Two shovelers is possible and more then likely what would happen.

Now, question is, what would some of you bid this at? Just an approximate is fine. Just trying to get other input if you were to have this oppertunity. And this is definatly not saying I am going to do this.
  7. grandview

Honestly ,I think you should pass on this one. I don;t think you'll have the guys or trucks to take care of it. If you need other guys to do basic snow removal your not ready for this place.
  8. mark268

mark268 Member

The more I think about it, the more I have to agree with you. I think it is just to much for me to take on. The plowing by itself would be fine, but it alone would take up most of my time.

I like changing up the scenery through out the night working smaller lots and resi's.

This is more of a hobby than income for me anyway. This complex will seem to much like work LOL. I'll stick to lowballing every one else ....

Thanks guys!