1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help bidding a large parking lot

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by gtstang8706, Aug 23, 2011.

1. gtstang8706

gtstang8706 Member
    from MA

Howdy,

I have to give a seasonal price to plow a large commercial lot. Just wondering if I could ge some input from you guys on what to charge.

Its a large, wide open parking lot, approx 1.5 acres surrounded by woods, so theres plenty of space to push snow. There are no islands and no light poles. Basically, it reall couldnt get an easier than this! Theres also a 300' driveway at the back side of the lot. Any numbers in mind? I really need to win this bid as its a good contract and work is slowing down, so I dont mind sharpening my pencil. Thanks for the help, as always!

2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Whats your hourly rate?

3. gtstang8706

gtstang8706 Member
    from MA

Well, Ive never actually plowed using an "hourly rate". Ive always done per push pricing for my plowing. Ive never really done a seasonal price for anything this size.

4. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

How do you come up with a $ figure if you don't have an hourly rate? EVERYTHING gets based off of your hourly rate....

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

[​IMG]

6. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Well forget figuring out your costs then...

Have you ever timed yourself to see how much you can plow in an hour?

This can be a great starting point for you.

7. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Bidding help

Snow & Ice Management Bidding Package Includes:

#1 Snow & Ice Management Manual � this is a comprehensive manual covering all aspects of snow & ice management for both residential and commercial accounts. Also includes application rates for many different deicing materials.

#2 Snow & Ice Management CD full of templates for contracts, route sheets, hours of operation sheets, Who�s first, proposal formats, don�t take the risk template for clients, sample invoices, sample marketing forms and much more. All these templates are in Microsoft Word format and are completely customizable to your business.

#3 Snow & Ice Management Quick Estimator CD � calculates per push, per event, hourly or season contracts. Also calculates material application rates for both granular and liquid applications for any deicing material that you may be using. This CD also calculates time and material for application of material, and hand labor as well. This CD runs in Microsoft Excel and is not software. You simply fill in the blanks and you have your estimate.

Go to www.profitsareus.com or call us at 800-845-0499 to order. Feel free to call us with any questions you might have as well. Being a full-service lawn & landscaping business myself since 1979, I know what a contractor is looking for; something simple, accurate and professional. This package is it.

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Tell me what # is in your head and I'll tell you how close it is to the # in mine

9. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

What kind of truck and plow setup do you have? That has a lot to do with it.

10. gtstang8706

gtstang8706 Member
    from MA

Sorry guys, ive had some computer issues. Thanks for the replies. I have a 2005 f350 dump w/ a 9' fisher straight blade. I also have to give a price to sand the lot per application. Any ideas?