1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help before i go insane

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DareDog, Jun 24, 2011.

1. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

the truck loves me! had since 06 been great, this summer its becoming a real pain. 96 Chevy 1500 4x4 drove it tonight and check engine light came on hooked up the OB II tester to it and came up p0719 "brake switch B circuit low input" also blew the fuse. this is 4th time this has happen in past 7 months. any one else have this problem? where is the brake switch b located? how much is new brake switch? also air bag light is on how do i get it to turn off? it did at one time now its back on.

2. DareDog

I put new brake switch in it and it still dose it.

3. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

According to my service manual, a P0719 sets when the VCM(vehicle control module) detects an open brake switch circuit during accelerations. It says to inspect the wiring at the VCM and brake switch connector and all other circuit connection points and look for bent, backed out, damaged, and poor tension terminals. Also inspect the wires for chafing, being broken, moisture intrusion, and being corroded.

I would say that since you replaced the brake switch, the problem is either your VCM or one of your connectors or wires.

Wayne

4. DareDog

on start up it blows the brake fuse right away.

5. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Got a short somewhere, got a DVM?

6. DareDog

what is a DMV? where is the VCM located.

7. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

DMV is a Digital multimeter. Your VCM is located under the hood on the driver's side of the engine compartment. Its a big rectangle looking plastic box. You can't miss it.

I agree that you have a short somewhere. Start looking your wires over carefully and see if anything looks obvious.

Wayne

8. DareDog

went out just now found the VMC and sure enough under it was a bad wire. the plow valve plate was rubbing on it. put new wire on it new fuse in it and it started up and did not blow a fuse.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  9. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

Well, that was easy then. I'm glad that you found it.

Wayne

10. DareDog

Also put back in 4X4 actuator and that works to! had same problem with that to it would blow fuses. now its just needs a nice bath.