1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help be choose/install stribs on my new truck!

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by drivefaster35, Sep 18, 2011.

1. drivefaster35

drivefaster35 Member
    from iowa

I just recently bought a 2008 ford f450 chassis Cab whcih I put an 111 foot dump bed on. Now I need some advice on a decent cost effective amber strobe set up for plowing. I have a show-me strobe mini light bar that plugs into the cigerete lighter for my other truck. However, I have the upfitter switches in this truck so I would like to utilize them to control maybe a mini light bar on the roof of the cab then another switch that control maybe like 4 of the small 500 series strobes made by Whelen pr some other brand of strobes. Anybody have any advice or suggestions on the type of strobes to look at and also any advice on mounting the system up? Thanks a ton in adnvance for the feedback!

2. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

I would keep the minibar you have and hard wire it and then add 2 of the 500 series or LINZ6 by Whelen to the rear. You can also add 2 to the rear sides for good coverage when backing if you do lots of plowing. Seems most accidents we see happen when backing out onto the street. Email me if you need more info. Louis