1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help axle housing broke

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by turfman15, Dec 20, 2008.

1. turfman15

turfman15 Senior Member

i have a 95 f250 4x4 \reg cab with a 460cid in it. the front axle housing cracked right at the diff on the driver side. i was wonder what is the best thing to do? weld it if possible, i know a very good welder in town. or get a new/used housing. it is my backup truck. i just don't know which one i have. any help you guys can give me would be great.

2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Swap out that pos dana 50 and find a dana 60 out of an f 350.Then U will have a front end worth putting a plow on.

3. turfman15

turfman15 Senior Member

will that be a direct swap?

4. brad96z28

5. Grass Master

Grass Master Banned

I've seen this on an '84 F-150 with a 7.5 western. Our tech at the shop used a jack to line up the 2 pieces, welded them back together, then ground the weld and welded a patch over the cracked area. This fix lasted five years until the truck was scrapped. wesport

6. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

Fixed it for you. :jester:wesport:D:drinkup:

7. brad96z28

EWWW Then U will be wondering what will be a good trans to replace. Definitly no improvements there. lol dodge.