1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help Apartment Lot

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by tyelow, Dec 20, 2014.

1. tyelow

tyelow Junior Member

I have still been working on getting accounts for this winter, surprisingly I am still getting quite a few calls, mainly residential. Although today I got an email for a price to do a lot at a smaller apartment complex and I have no clue what to charge. smaller single car drives are about $35 around here, drives to 2-3 car garage are $50-60 in the area. I really need to learn how to price out lots and I have not caught on quite yet....

Any help is appreciated.

7722 venus.jpg

2. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

the problem is where can you put the snow?

3. tyelow

tyelow Junior Member

Bottom right and top right of the photo has 2 parking slots. it could be pushed into the grass on each side. some will make its way to the grass by the road.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Me. 2k for the season plus a 100.00 bill if they call to clean out any spots after I'm done.

5. tyelow

tyelow Junior Member

How are you figuring that?

6. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

The only way you will efficiently plow that lot is with no cars. I would stipulate that the bottom 2 spaces be orange coned off when snow is projected. $125 push and would include 1 return trip. $50 for salt, which is my min charge. Walks and steps extra. Would also suggest a wing plow.

7. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

id be at $110 per push and $3000 for seasonal

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

We looking at the same lot? No more then 15 minutes to plow it.

9. tyelow

tyelow Junior Member

What is an average for sidewalk clearing. There is about 350-400ft on the property.

10. tyelow

tyelow Junior Member

The owner just told me that he paid $40 last year......ha

11. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I can see that isn't very big but I might be little higher at 50-55 per visit + walks
    If its on my route if its out the way might be little more

Good luck with it

12. tyelow

tyelow Junior Member

Thanks for the input. I definitely have a lot to learn.

13. Meezer

Meezer Senior Member
    from Indiana

If he paid $40 last year, why is he calling you??? If "drives to 2-3 car garage are $50-60 in the area", that gives you a pricing starting point.

14. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

He is probably calling around because last year he got what he paid for, a crappy job for $40.

15. gardnerll

gardnerll Junior Member

I plow 2 apartment complexes both are much bigger based on what I have experienced you should charge for every service separately. Plowing main drive, Returning to plow spots, walkway clearing, salt for drive, ice melt for walks.

The worst part is returning to plow spots it is time consuming and there are always people who wont move their car when you are there. Or they come out after you are all done clean off their car all over the spot next to them then move their car, probably right in front of the pile you have been pushing snow to. I'm not bitter just passing along what I have been part of :)

mike