1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Another Dim lowbeam thread...

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Mxrider069, May 25, 2013.

1. Mxrider069

Mxrider069 Member

I just bought a 2007 classic silverado, i had a 2005 silverado. I switched everything over and all works good except the low beams. They are very dim when they are on. I tried switching the harness connectors over the side B (or A) cant remember and then no low beams at all. All truck side lights work good just dim plow low beams. Hooked plow to another truck and they work fine so its def a truck side issue...Any thoughts??

Plow is a 2009 model pro plus with the 3 plug ISO
  2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Check to see if there is a configuration plug in the control harness.
  3. weshermanllc

weshermanllc Junior Member

I had a similar problem with my plow when it was switched over to my '07, thought I had a ground problem or a power problem chased the issue many times over a few years, traded the truck for a '12 and guess what same issue.
    Finally I found a thread on here about changing the position of the wires in the plug that goes to the headlamp. didn't think it was that simple to fix, made the change and boom, regular headlamps.
    Hope you have your issue corrected.
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Certain years had gnd switched lights instead of positive. Ck with a test light