1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help and Advice urgently needed Fisher MM1 with insta-act moving slow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by sdcham1, Jan 23, 2014.

1. sdcham1

sdcham1 Junior Member
    from boston

I have a Fisher MM1 with an insta-act pump. I am having problems with it lifting and angling extremely slow, it is also wining more than normal. I check the fluid and it is full. Can someone tell me what may be wrong? I change fluid annually and have never had an issue. I am assuming that it is about to quite working. Any advice is appreciated.

Regards
    Scott

2. If you have never actually pulled the reservoir off, I would bet you $50 there is water in there and your filter is clogged. With the extreme cold we are having here the water inside is freezing. You need to rule that out first.

3. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

It may be time for a new pump. Last year mine did the same thing after a full fluid and filter change. I was in luck for once and it was day time. Took it to the Fisher shop here in town. They installed a new pump and changed the filter and fluid again and well was well. Just over 200 for the instill and service

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Preciously ^^^^^

Drain, and pull the reservoir, that's where you need to start.

How is it when you raise it? Have you tried moving it back and forth with it on the ground, or barely off the ground?

Are you using the Fisher blue stuff when flushing? Are you simply draining, and re filling, or are you replacing the pickup filter every time too? Have you ever pulled the valves out and cleaned them?