Snow Plowing Forum banner

Help a friend?

986 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Bolt-1 
#1 ·
Guy's,

I have a friend of mine who wants us to plow his condo building parking lot. It's not a very big lot maybe 100 x 100 with about 500sqft of walks. They also want salt thrown in the parking lot. As you are aware everyone seems to be under bidding just to get a job these days. They said someone came in and gave them a seasonal rate of $1800 which seems low to me.

Drive time is about a half hour for me, figure about 30 min for the lot and sidewalks, and about 2-4 50# bags of salt.

I guess another unit owner wants to take this guy unless I can come in less. Is it worth doing the favor for $1700 or should I just say forget it?

Thanks guys.

#2 ·
I do a lot that is that size about I charge 1200 a month for plow and salt all inclusive with a 5 month contract so that comes out to 6K for the season. The lot is not straight plow but it is a small condo assoiciation and there are always cars all over the place. 1800 for everything is not worth it.Forget it, unless it is 1800 per month.

#4 ·
Ok so I just spoke with my friend it appears they only want the lot plowed and salted no walks. And they confirmed that the bid was $1800 for the season.

#5 · (Edited)
I know im not in Chicago but, $1800 for the season is not rite friend or not. I can make that on 4 of the private's i do in a season. And i do 39 of them. ranging in price from $25 to $180 per push. If he is a friend do yourself a favor and keep him a friend. Don't think I just do private's. I also have 5 small commercial that i sub to a friend. Salt and Plow. The largest being 180 X 70. That pays $1320 a month for the contract season. Of course the others pay less.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.