1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help! 99 F250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Bossman 92, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 99 F250 that the battery keeps dying in. I haven't driven it for a few months, so a few days ago I went to start it up. The truck wouldn't turn over, so I jumped it, and it ran fine for a few minutes. Well the next day same thing. So today same thing, so I un-hooked the wires and retightened everything, put a charger on it and it started up. I made it a mile or so and all the gauges died, radio, everything. I pulled over and now it sits along the road.

Does this sound like the alternater (sp) or what?

Thanks Bossman

2. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

does the truck have a volt meter? what does it read when the truck is running?

3. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like alternator... check wires going to alternator and connections since it sat so long... then have autozone check alternator and it might not hurt to get a new battery.

4. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks, it was the battery. I took it in and they tested it. I bought the battery last December, so it was still under warranty. :cool:

Bossman.

5. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

yea when they just sit there they go bad pretty quick.

6. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

i thought it sounded like a alternator issue. but o well it is fixed now