1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help! 95 k1500 won't stay running

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cobstopper, Aug 23, 2005.

1. cobstopper

cobstopper Junior Member
    from utah

I have a 95 chevy k1500 with 350 tbi. It will start up every time but only run for 10-15 seconds then it will just die completely... crank it over and fires right up. while searching for problem noticed water pump weeping out hole. I replaced pump and took a wild guess and replaced fuel filter. still same problem. Any help/ideas would be great. thanx.

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I'd start by having the computer read,,,best 150.00 I spent was on the reader, find a friend with one...
    I would guess a fuel system problem, but need more input..

3. cobstopper

cobstopper Junior Member
    from utah

I'm taking it in tomorrow to have it checked out. too frustrared to try and figure it out myself. plus i'm out of time.

4. cobstopper

cobstopper Junior Member
    from utah

code 34 map sensor low voltage... tracked wiring back to pcm. replaced the pcm and all seems well. hope this does the trick or maybe helps someone else out with same problems. man I hate electrical problems.

5. bnc services 2

bnc services 2 Member

how many miles on the truck? ck low voltage sgn. to fuel pump relay.... :rolleyes:

6. cobstopper

cobstopper Junior Member
    from utah

172,000 miles. yes I am worried about the fuel pump. 90,000 of those miles are from me. It's only a matter of time.

7. bnc services 2

bnc services 2 Member

see if you can ck fuel pressure it sould be around 8-12 psi. ck at the filter not TBI IT WILL GIVE A FALSE READING if it is ok try pressure regulator mounted in the TBI unit jegs has them for 65.00 and they are ajustable. you might be able to rebuild yours let me know what the psi is at

8. bnc services 2

bnc services 2 Member

you might want to ck the ground wires from the battery to the fender make sure they are good and tight. i had the same problem today on a 94 chevy when i changed the fender at work...... hope that helps