1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help!!! 8.5 xtrme v & 9.5 xtrme v problems

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dcamp824, Jan 1, 2013.

1. dcamp824

dcamp824 Member

Hi my name is dave i am head foreman for skyview landscapes in albany ny. We run 10 fisher plows 6 straight
    Blades and 4 xtreme v's. We just our first busy week of snow storms here in albany ny and after working through the second storm of the week we sent the trucks out to do a final clean up i had the gmc 4500 with the 9.5 xtreme v and made a push into a bank and when i backed out i noticed my blade was going up real slow and did not want to move side to side well. So i got out and it looks like fluid is coming out near the drivet side angle cylinder but it dont look like the hose or fitting is damaged... any help?? .. then about 30 min later one of my guy calls me and says the 8.5 xtreme v he is running started making a noise from the pump then the noise stopped but it appears there is fluid leaking from the bottom of the pump/ casing area.but the plow is still moving around.. when i got to the shop the next morning there was a puddle under both plows.. i just serviced and changed the fluid in all our plows and this was the first they been used tbis year.. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Cycle the plows in the shop and find exactly where the leak is.

I had a few leaks due to the o-ring seals at the hose fittings.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  3. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

is the fill cap tight?

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

It is the test Valve o ring on the back of the pump. It is located on the back of the pump on the passenger sides up corner. It goes bad and leaks fluid. Pull out screw and Replace o ring and fill with fluid and you should be fine.

5. dcamp824

dcamp824 Member

Thank you i will check into that tomarrow..

6. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

I would guess with 99% certanty that it is an o ring... I had the same thing happen last year.

My dealer admitted that the fisher supplied o rings are junk and that they must have forgotten to replace mine with upgraded ones when the unit was assembled.

7. dcamp824

dcamp824 Member

Thank you burkartsplow/sharpblades that is where the fluid is coming from. Definitly the o- ring..u were a big help.

8. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

I just ran into the same problem with mine.