1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP!!! 1993 ford f250 vrs 1996 ford f250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by crazykyle24, Nov 25, 2011.

1. crazykyle24

crazykyle24 Junior Member
    from NH

I have a 1993 ford f250 with a plow, the truck is in really rough shape but the plow is in good condition. I have a 1996 ford f250 that is in really good shape but does not have a plow. The plow on the 93 is a hydrolic plow. What would I need to do to switch the plow from the 93 to the 96????? Thanks for your help guys

2. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

I dont think you should have to do anything. The frames are the same so basically just bolt it on. The wires may run a little differently but other than that should be straight forward.

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Ask in the plow's brand forum. They are on the list of forums. Someone should be able to help. I do believe the 96's frame is different then the 93's. You may need a new truck side mount.

4. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

all 92-96 F250's all have the same frame. the 1997 F250 heavy duty shares the same frame as well. the 1997 F250 light duty's frame is different.

in your situation (going from 93 to 96) you will have no problems.